Opinions on Zorin OS

Michael Butash michael at butash.net
Thu Jul 5 00:03:56 MST 2012

Yet another "make linux look like windoze" distro?  I forget the last
few that tried to sell linux to do that and withered away eventually.

Seems like the only thing it has is playonlinux and wine probably a bit
better baked out of box installed to make gaming or winapps accessible,
rest is just premium themes to (ack) make it look like win.  Better off
just installing them on something like ubuntu that is much more
generally supported if/when needed.  Check gnome-look.org for themes, im
sure you can find something (free) to make it look like winxp/7 if you
really, really must.

-mb