some pages just won't load

Michael Butash michael at butash.net
Wed Jul 4 00:59:48 MST 2012

Noscript (firefox) or notscript (chrome equivalent) are extensions,
security, default denies scripts and breaks anything remotely web2.0ish
with good reason.  Necessary evil, especially if you use windoze.  I use
it mostly to deny advertisements or other ill attempts at getting more
script access than i wish to give questionable vendors.  Sites using
them are questionable enough to allow as it is.

I'm thinking it's more crap scripting that doesn't work entirely
compatible with chrom(e|ium), ie errata/bug.  I've seen some odd
scripting differences using chrome under windows or chromium under linux
on enterprise-y necessary crapware (ahem, cisco acs and others) that I
can't explain other than scripting fixes/changes between versions trying
to make sense of ambiguous code.

That *social* site looks as though it will test your scripting to see
what it can extract from your computer for user information, expect
compatibility issues outside of IE that it would just otherwise use to
mirror your hard disk to their server.  :)

-mb