Networking Question Regarding Gigbit Ethernet

Eric Shubert ejs at shubes.net
Sun Jul 1 20:29:26 MST 2012

I've seen this sort of behavior when a routing table had a bogus route
entry in it. The failed packets were trying to be sent over the bogus
entry, and the next would be sent according to the good entry. Hence
about half of the packets were lost. Once the errant routing table entry
was removed, no more packets were dropped.

I would check the routing table in the mbl. No idea how it could get
wacked out, but such a thing could cause the symptoms you're seeing.

--
-Eric 'shubes'