Networking Question Regarding Gigbit Ethernet

Mark Phillips mark at phillipsmarketing.biz
Sun Jul 1 15:01:59 MST 2012

There is no network speed setting in the device to limit it to 100baseT.

The cable came with the device, and I have tried other cables and ports -
no difference.

top on the device shows a perl process eating up about 93% of the cpu every
now and then. I can't seem to capture it -
top - 14:54:16 up  2:47,  2 users,  load average: 1.05, 1.11, 1.09
Tasks:  93 total,   1 running,  92 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie
Cpu(s):  0.3%us,  0.7%sy,  0.3%ni, 98.7%id,  0.0%wa,  0.0%hi,  0.0%si,
0.0%st
Mem:    253632k total,   232896k used,    20736k free,    29184k buffers
Swap:   500608k total,    30016k used,   470592k free,    71808k cached

There is a firmware update avaialable, so I will run that and see if
anything improves. If not, then back to costco it goes!

Mark