Education and Certification

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Sun Jul 1 10:00:48 MST 2012

There has been recurring debate over the years about where/how to get
educated on IT subjects and the value of certification.  I am not adding to
that discussion.  However, I do not recall any significant list of free and
online coursework.  So here is an article that lists a bunch of them.

http://www.howtogeek.com/117674/the-best-websites-for-free-online-courses-certificates-degrees-and-educational-resources

Also, while the Universities listed at the beginning surely have IT
subjects, some folks might want to skip right to the bottom and its
reference to Google Code University

http://code.google.com/edu/courses.html

--
Dazed_75 a.k.a. Larry

Please protect my address like I protect yours. When sending messages to
multiple recipients, always use the BCC: (Blind carbon copy) and not To: or
CC:. Remove all addresses from the message body before sending a Forwarded
message. This can prevent spy programs capturing addresses from the
recipient list and message body.