oracle virtual machine

Michael Havens bmike1 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 19:30:04 MST 2012

I've looked in google but I can't find the answer. Maybe one of you can
help. My mentor wants me to do linux from scratch. I'm cool wit that so I
d/l oracles virtual machine to build it on but after a day of work I go to
save the the state of the machine (am and told it does so) only to find the
next day when I turn my computer back on that the machine wasn't saved.
Pissser! So I try synaptic and uninstall and reinstall the vm that way.
This time it saves my work and the snapshot feature is available. Only
problem is that the dvd/cd/rom isn't available for use. So as it stands at
the moment it will save my work but I can't build the LFS because the
cdd/dvd doesn't work. So my question is: does anyone know how to get it to
work?

--