drupal or plone

Michael Havens bmike1 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 09:29:36 MST 2012

I installed plone just fine but in the readme one of the recommended
programs is poppler. So I went to their d/l page and loaded it. So I unpack
it and see it needs to be compiled. So I ./configure and it runs through a
bunch of lines and then errors out saying:

     No package 'fontconfig' found
     Alternatively, you may set the environment variables FONTCONFIG_CFLAGS
     and FONTCONFIG_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.

Well I just ran updatedb and locate fontconfig and there are a bunch on the
computer. So I suppose this means it is not looking for it. Can I just copy
a file to the poppler folder?

these are all the instances  of fontconfig that exist. on my computer.
should I copy something somewhere?