website hosting

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 23 06:22:45 MST 2012

GoDaddy is the master of marketing.  I host my main site with GoDaddy.  I am very satisfied.  The difference with GoDaddy and Hostgator from my point of view comes down to email disk space quotas.  I had to add on a package that gives me more email space.  I store 1/2 a Gig in emails on the GoDaddy servers.  And I use their web mail. When I started hosting with GoDaddy 5 years ago, their email accounts were limited to 10MB.  Now they are 100MB.  They want you to buy the cheap hosting and  add on other products until you are paying much more than the base price.

The other area they used to get you to pay more was in the area of stats.  I did not pay extra.  I rely on Google Analytic.  Hosting log stats can tell you a lot.  I've chosen not to pay extra.

When the day is done I am very happy that I get so much for so little.

I like GoDadd's web mail the best of any hosting company's web mail.

I also have a reseller account at HostGator.  HostGator is cheap, simple and straightforward.  As far as I know you can set your mail box  quotas to any size you need.  And I believe the stats provided by HostGator are better than the free stats that GoDaddy provides, however they may not be as good as the add on stats that Godaddy provides.

Realistically, these hosting plans are for small hobbyist websites or for those stating out.  The people on this list can get away with these cheep hosting plans because we know what to do in case of trouble.  Most do not have our skills.

I'd recommend going with either and then when you are more successful with your project move to a full blown server.

Keith Smith