Building wireless client and wireless accesspoint

James Dugger james.dugger at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 21:06:50 MST 2012

I have an interesting project request to build/configure a linux server as
a wireless router/dhcp server for a wireless LAN but which is mobile itself
and can negotiate for with other wireless access points (wifi hot spots).
This is for a small mobile office in a trailer.  The client wants a linux
server that will function as a small light file/print server for wireless
clients on the private LAN side, but get access to the Internet from
outside wireless sources which may change (dhcp).

I assume that it will require at a minimum 2 wireless cards one for public
and one for private (there is also a built in ethernet on the small mobo.

I am somewhat familiar with IPCop and want to know if it alone is capable
of configuring this and running it or are there other applications that
either alone or together can achieve this.

Thanks in advance for any help/direction

James