proxy

James Mcphee jmcphe at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 10:53:29 MST 2012

The connect.c program I was talking about isn't available anymore.  You may
be able to find the source from an archive, but the site is down.

Neither connect.c nor corkscrew required anything special on the server to
work.  Neither the proxy nor the ssh server I was connecting to had to know
that I was using the ProxyCommand.

On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 9:50 AM, Sam Kreimeyer <skreimey at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have read about connect, but never used it myself. The server needs to
> have support for it, right?
>

> On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 10:14 AM, James Mcphee <jmcphe at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> You can tunnel ssh over http or https proxies with certain ProxyCommands
>> such as corkscrew.  I've personally used corkscrew and connect.c to great
>> effect.
>>
>> However, socksv5 is the way to go if you plan on doing non-http traffic
>> from the get go.
>>
>> On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 8:55 AM, Sam Kreimeyer <skreimey at gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>>  You'll want to choose manual settings and then fill in the forms with
>>> information from that list of proxies you mentioned earlier.
>>>
>>> I think auto-configuration is for pointing your browser to some URL with
>>> a PAC script that will basically fill out the above forms for you.

>> --
>> James McPhee
>> jmcphe at gmail.com

James McPhee