Throttling mysql command line

Eric Cope eric.cope at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 16:08:31 MST 2012

I only have one column that is needed for the fulltext search. I think
it would be easier to integrate solr than to try and get MySQL to be
better. But this comes from someone who has never used solr.

So far, I have used csplit to split the file, insert one record, sleep
for 0.01s and repeat. Its slower, but at least it doesn't cripple the
server and when we launch this app, we can invest in solr then.

On that note, I'd be interested in any tutorials anyone might have
with respect to getting solr up and running. my attempts thus far have
failed, all on CentOS.

Eric