really strange happening.

Sean Roe sean at azbiz.net
Thu Jan 12 13:33:24 MST 2012

Hi All,

Got a really weird network issue and Im not sure how to troubleshoot it.
The other night I was working on a Centos 6.0 final server that runs all my
virt servers on it.  I was setting up some monitoring when i noticed that
the bonded ethernet did not appear to enslave the second ethernet card
(eth1), so I tried to fix it.  I changed the the ifcfg-eth1 file so that it
would slave to the br0 interface and restarted networking....and thats when
everything went terribly wrong.  I could no longer access any server in the
network.  even our edge routers were not responding.  each server has two
ethernet cards in it and each one is hooked to a separate HP switch. the
switches have cross connects between them.  The internet feed also gets
plugged into these switches and then the routers are plugged into the
switches. So I guess I need to know what to look for either on the switch
logs or the log file on server...any guidance?

Thanks
Sean