OSS distributed system imaging solutions?

Ben Browning benb at bensbrowning.com
Thu Jan 5 20:23:26 MST 2012

On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 2:22 PM, Stephen <cryptworks at gmail.com> wrote:
> check out clonezilla that combined with drbl can do what you are thinking about.
>
> clonezilla.org

Nope. I forgot to mention I looked at that one too. It doesn't do
software raid stuff, which I need it to. It also doesn't seem to be
very polished- I need something slick that works well with minimal
mucking about. The goal here is putting MACs in a DB and having the
imaging server install whatever OS is slated for it, configure it with
net/hostname/etc stuff, and then bring it up for testing and
deployment.

Thanks though!

~Ben