OT - Windows XP Installation CD

Lisa Kachold lisakachold at obnosis.com
Sun Jan 1 12:12:38 MST 2012

There are tons of sights with links to XP source:
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/491686/installing_windows_xp_pro_including_free_legal_key/

Be sure to get your key off your system:
http://pcsupport.about.com/od/tipstricks/ht/findxpkey.htm

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windowsxp/f/download-windows-xp.htm

All of the referenced download links are, of course, "illegal" therefore
possibly warez sites with spam, trojans, virus, etc.

Try to find someone with a DVD?

[I have one,  but I am not going to supply the use of it to anyone on a
Linux list and I can't get it to you with my current schedule..]

You should not need to use Windows for anything!

On Sun, Jan 1, 2012 at 11:57 AM, Mark Phillips
<mark at phillipsmarketing.biz>wrote:

> I have an old Dell server running Windows XP Pro, which has gotten so slow
> that my best plan is to wipe it and re-install. I have the license tag on
> the box but no CDs to install. The machine use to be a gaming machine for
> my kids when they were younger, and they moved on to only needing iTunes.
>
> Does anyone have a Windows XP Pro CD I can borrow? Can I download it from
> somewhere on the net?
>
> I assume this is legal, as I have the license, just not the media.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mark

(602) 791-8002  Android
(623) 239-3392 Skype