OT: Headhunter Harrassment

Michael Butash michael at butash.net
Sat Feb 18 23:32:37 MST 2012

It's common.  I delisted myself years ago from all job sites, and still
get pseudo-spam calls for randomly applicable positions.  I assume
unlimited spamish companies simply replicated my data from job sites at
some point indefinitely.  Privacy is an illusion these days.

The worst usually sound like some call center with disinterested people
and bad accents cold calling to ask if you want to make them money
working for someone (because translation is that bad).  Some local
companies are always worse, att networking positions usually for me
having the worst recruiters possible, just one yesterday again.

Some local recruiters are better than others, you get to know the good
ones after a while that actually have good contacts in the industry.  I
answer their calls (android users: mr. number is fairly good for
detecting spam calls).  Everything else is simply cold-call sales,
typically with the tact of a used-car salesperson.

-mb