New monitor

John jharitos at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 14 11:30:49 MST 2012

My monitor is beginning to act up as the built in monitor adjustments screen keeps popping up. Sometimes it disappears and sometimes it just sits their and spins through all the choices. Anyhow, I'm looking to get a new monitor for 11.10 KDE using a GEForce 7300 LE on a desktop. The current monitor is small as it is a 4:3 15in but I do like 4:3 aspect ratio. Is a touch screen monitor a good choice? Will it work with Ubuntu? Waste of time? I don't do anything but surf the net and use OpenOffice read email etc no gaming. I have a normal size desk. Is 24 inches 16:9 too big? Too small? Any recommendations on resolution? Will I need a new video card?

Thanks