TITLE SHOULDA BEEN: Comparing Mint 12 with Oneiric 11.10 when trying to completely dump Unity.

Michael Butash michael at butash.net
Sat Feb 11 11:56:25 MST 2012

I do 32/32 for mine.  Aligning md/luks/lvm to that is the real trick.

SSD's ended up a royal pain to deal with with the alignment, and
continue to do so from what I can tell.  I still don't think the default
install deals with them properly, but then again, I'm not positive.  GPT
takes care of it, but ubuntu doesn't seem keen to use it.

-mb