find and replace

Michael Havens bmike1 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 15:58:30 MST 2012

some cameras take photos and append it with .JPG  My system doesn't seem to
like that. How do I find and replace text. I thought it would be a simple
pipe argument (as shown in <a>) but I was wrong. How do you do it?
I then figured I only have a few in one directory to do so I wouldd do a
simple mv command. That didn't work either <b> So I looked at its man page
and discovered th -T option; but that didn't help any. I googled and found
some complex commands and I a s hoping there was a simple way to do it
(like my pipe example0.
Is there a simple way to find from / and change the name of multiple files?

<a>
bmike1 at Michaels-Laptop ~/Pictures/Flowers $ find *.JPG|mv *.jpg
mv: missing destination file operand after `*.jpg'
Try `mv --help' for more information.
<b>
bmike1 at Michaels-Laptop ~/Pictures/Flowers $ mv *.JPG *.jpg
mv: target `*.jpg' is not a directory
bmike1 at Michaels-Laptop ~/Pictures/Flowers $ man mv
bmike1 at Michaels-Laptop ~/Pictures/Flowers $ mv -T *.JPG *.jpg
mv: extra operand `100_0125.JPG'

--