Question about USB R/W Speed

Adam McCullough ajmccul1 at asu.edu
Thu Feb 2 08:47:54 MST 2012

I'm willing to bet that the 1.5GB of files were a lot larger and less
numerous than the 8 GB of files you moved previously.

It isn't Windows, it has to do with how file systems work. Moving a million
1 kb files is going to take a lot more time than moving a tarball of the
same files -- even if they are the same size, bit for bit.