SAML 1.1 help

Joseph Sinclair plug-discussion at stcaz.net
Sat Dec 29 16:15:44 MST 2012

SAML 1.1 doesn't have good library support (you're correct that most libraries are 2.0).
I was really just referencing the XMLDSIG part, which is the hardest part to handle "correctly"
Looks like CPAN has a good module for just that : http://search.cpan.org/~byrne/XML-Sig-0.22/lib/XML/Sig.pm
That should get you past the signature verification so you can focus on the SAML assertion and associated protocol.