Presentation for east side meeting

Ed plug at 0x1b.com
Mon Dec 24 23:46:11 MST 2012

On Mon, Dec 24, 2012 at 10:24 PM, Dazed_75 <lthielster at gmail.com> wrote:
> I suspect we would love such a presentation.  Brian Cluff and der Hans do
> the scheduling (I am on the steering committee but don't really schedule our
> presentations).
>
> That said, I have to wonder whether the Development group meeting might not
> be either an additional, or possibly, a better venue for that talk.  Ed
> (can't think of his last name right now, but he reads this list also)
Nicholson
> schedules those meetings/talks.
I wish

> I can only hope to be in town when it is given as I would like to hear it.
>
> Larry Thiel

Yes - a presentation on Git would be great, what are you doing the
3rd? ever been to UAT in Tempe? oh wait, Hi Paul

in fact I'm setting up plugdev.github.com for our use, so get your
Github accounts and I can then add you to the group at PLUGdev - I
should be posting more info in the next days or so. The in Github blog
is Octopress, a ruby thing. still learning it.

Current Git challenge - check out a git repo from Gnome, and then
host(clone?) it onto Github so that 1) I can propagate changes from
the official Gnome repo to the Github repo in a controlled way - this
would be like vendor branch updates in Subversion, and then 2) be able
to gather up all the contributions to the Github repo and stage them
for a pull request to the Gnome repo as I think I set up the creds
with Gnome to be R/W to their repo*  - currently looking into
"rebasing the tree"
*so we can work on Cheese