Kernel Versions

Mike Ballon mike.ballon at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 07:45:19 MST 2012

Developers and technology are probably your biggest factors involved. I
don't remembering reading anything from Linus or anyone else that states,
"we'll support each dot release for X months/years.

Wikipedia has a pretty good article that I think you'd find interesting if
you haven't read it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux_kernel#Timeline