How to set up a dual boot on a thinkpad

Derek Trotter expat.arizonan at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 14:59:07 MST 2012

On 12/15/2012 12:30 PM, Robert Holtzman wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 06:49:48PM -0700, joe at actionline.com wrote:
>> Thanks to all for all the suggestions. After wasting several days trying
>> figure out M$ convoluted maze, I finally found a free utility called
>> partition wizard that installed and instantly fixed the problem.
>>
>> It is incomprehensible and unconscionable that M$ is so determined to make
>> everything so impossibly convoluted and difficult. Viva Linux.
> I completely agree. My step daughter moved in for a few weeks and I got
> to play with her Win7 netbook. After two days of wrestling with the way
> M$ wanted you to do things, I said thanks but no thanks, and that was
> with her showing me how and me reading a big manual she had with her.
>
> God how I love my Debian and it's not a matter of what I'm used to!

I can sympathize.  Last January I bought a computer that came with
windows 7.  I tried it for about a month and was thoroughly disgusted
with how difficult everything was in windows 7.  M$ made it so *******
difficult to network two computers together.   In xp it was a simple
task.  Also some games I have don't run right on 7. I ended up getting
rid of 7 and putting xp on the machine.  Then in November I got tired of
xp, removed it and replaced it with kubuntu and I'm happy with it.

You say you run Debian.  How does Debian differ from ubuntu/kubuntu?