CNAME lookup failed temporarily. (#4.4.3) bounced emails

Eric Shubert ejs at shubes.net
Tue Dec 4 10:53:26 MST 2012

On 11/21/2012 07:37 PM, Lisa Kachold wrote:
> This error can also be indicative of an error with qmail when:
>
> You are not using dnscache
> You are using qmail without the BIG-DNS patch.

This is worth a look.

While you don't need to use dnscache specifically, I've heard of bind
having intermittent issues that come and go.

What's in your /etc/resolv.conf? It's best (although not required) to
run a resolver on your email host. I recommend using the pdns-recursor
package. It's about as trivial as they come.

--
-Eric 'shubes'