Cox Cable / Static IP / New Router

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 31 08:33:16 MST 2012

Thanks to everyone who replied.

I should have mentioned that I am back on line and my static IP is working.  I just found it odd that Cox would offer a different IP than the one I am assigned if I did not set my router up for a static IP.  I assumed that when my router asked for the IP Cox would provide the static IP automatically.

Keith Smith