Still can't get new Canon printer to print from Linux.

Matt Graham danceswithcrows at usa.net
Fri Aug 24 09:26:57 MST 2012

From: joe at actionline.com
> I recently posted an inquiry to plug regarding a new Canon pixma mx439
> wireless printer

http://www.openprinting.org/printer/Canon/Canon-PIXMA_MX350 ?  I know, model#
isn't the same, but it'd be a place to start.  Definitely look at the forums
there for anybody else with the same model#.

> More than one person has suggested that I give the printer a static IP
> address, but I don't know how to do that.

Find the device on your wireless net that's handing out IP addrs.  This will
probably be your wireless access point/router.  Find the MAC addr of the
printer.  This'll be something like "00:01:02:03:04:05".  In your wireless
net's access point/router, go into its configuration software.  Find its
equivalent of dhcpd.conf .  In that settings page/file, tell it to always
associate 00:01:02:03:04:05 with 192.168.5.6 .  Sorry about the vagueness
here, but every access point has a maze of twisty settings, all differnet.

> And what else do I need to do to be able to get the printer to print
> documents that I send to it from my Linux machines?

Check the CUPS log files for anything strange.

--
Matt G / Dances With Crows