programming

Michael Havens bmike1 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 14:32:50 MST 2012

I was wondering..... how do you find the free kindle books and I was hoping
to find a book that would teach programming from the ground up with
exercises and stuff like that. Free is about all I can afford with two kids
and being on disability and all the crap that is going on in my life! WHat
is a good language to start learning? I remember that a friend of mine who
went to Devry in 91 the first language he learned was Pascal. Is that a
good language to start with or should I rather start with something more
useful? Like maybe Java or Javascript or would you recommend something
else? This is going to be completely a home study thing. I do have a Python
book for python2.1  by Deitel, Liperi, and Weidermann (copywrite 02). I
think  I will work out of that unless you think it is too old. Please don't
ask what I want to do with whatever I learn because right now I don't know
what the possibilities of learning a language (be it Python, DHTML, or
whatever). You know what, I also have a DHTML book (<c>1997) anda java book
(<c> 96) that are really old. Do you think I should use them? Yeah, I'm
thinking HTML and Java are more practical. I can offer to program things
for people. What do you think I should do?