flv - mp3

Michael Havens bmike1 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 18 16:24:37 MST 2012

this is scary. I ran the command and:

ffmpeg ../Videos/oneoclockjump.flv  OneOClockJump.mp3
ffmpeg version 0.8.3-4:0.8.3-0ubuntu0.12.04.1, Copyright (c) 2000-2012 the
Libav developers
  built on Jun 12 2012 16:37:58 with gcc 4.6.3
*** THIS PROGRAM IS DEPRECATED ***
This program is only provided for compatibility and will be removed in a
future release. Please use avconv instead.
File '../Videos/oneoclockjump.flv' already exists. Overwrite ? [y/N]

so this leaves me with some questions.
1- does avconv have the same syntax
2- why is it elling me it wants to write to the file I'm converting from?