DON'T PANIC

Kevin Fries kevin at fries-biro.com
Sat Aug 11 09:23:46 MST 2012

I first learned vi back in the 80's when I worked with many forms of Unix.
Of was the only consistent editor across all the BSDs,  SCOs, etc.  In the
early-mid 90s through early 2k most of my work was windows based.  I
remember a Mellenium project where I was needing to change over 300 FoxPro
modules.  I pulled out a window version of vim, and you should have seen
the odd looks I got from all the windows guys.  Then the look of horror
that came across there face as they saw how much more productive I could be
with regular expressions.  I have been pretty much 100% Linux all the time
for the past 10 years, and I use vi for everything I can, it just sorta
becomes automatic after a while.

KevinF