looking for DDR3 1066MHz ECC or non-ECC memory

Stephen cryptworks at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 21:00:42 MST 2012

yep. Intel is weird but simple. they use basic thermal compound and a
wire with hooks on the end generally. once you get ram on it boot the
thing up you will learn allot more about it.

Intel has a tool that will help you id stuff on the board for drivers
its pretty good.

On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 7:30 PM, Steven A. DuChene
<linux-clusters at mindspring.com> wrote:
> It is a pre-production prototype Intel motherboard and none of the numbers printed on the motherboard show up in any research I have been able to do so far. I have not yet gone so far as to remove the heat sinks on the non-CPU chips on the motherboard to see if they provide any clues.
>
> Has anyone successfully removed a heat sink off of a non-CPU motherboard chip and then reinstalled it with no damage to the motherboard? Like the bridge or other MB controller chips that have heat sinks held down with spring clips that fasten under loops soldered into the motherboard.
> --
> Steven DuChene

Stephen