How can a usb device crash a computer?

Brian Cluff brian at snaptek.com
Tue Aug 7 14:42:48 MST 2012

Sounds like your adapter is wired wrong.  Hopfully you can hit the
company up for any repairs to your computer that might be necessary.

That being said, Many computer power supplies have an internal breaker
of sorts that you might have just tripped.  You just need to have the
power supply bleed off ALL the power inside of it.  Just unplug the
power cord for 10 minutes or so and see if that will allow the computer
to come back on.  Don't try to skimp on the time, it can take a long
time to bleed off everything and it won't work unless it has.

Hopefully that is all that has happened and it didn't just fry your
motherboard.

Brian Cluff