hard drive won't shut off

Michael Havens bmike1 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 14:13:21 MST 2012

    hmmmmm.... it is not working:

bmike2 at Michaels-PC:~$ /usr/sbin/smartctl -a /dev/sda
bash: /usr/sbin/smartctl: No such file or directory
bmike2 at Michaels-PC:~$ sudo /usr/sbin/smartctl -a /dev/sda
[sudo] password for bmike2:
sudo: /usr/sbin/smartctl: command not found
bmike2 at Michaels-PC:~$ locate smartctl
/etc/bash_completion.d/smartctl
bmike2 at Michaels-PC:~$ /etc/bash_completion.d/smartctl
bash: /etc/bash_completion.d/smartctl: Permission denied
bmike2 at Michaels-PC:~$ sudo /etc/bash_completion.d/smartctl -a /dev/sda
sudo: /etc/bash_completion.d/smartctl: command not found
bmike2 at Michaels-PC:~$