wayland update

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Sat Apr 28 22:07:27 MST 2012

Very promising.  X has ALWAYS been a resource pig although I have only
disappointed in performance occasionally.  My big aversion has been the
lack of remote usage which has been in X forever.  It looks like they are
addressing that so I am happy even though it seems like a lot of work
remains.

I wonder if there are any plans for Wayland to support multiple displays
like X (i.e. :0-3) or if that will be part of the mechanism to handle
multiple monitors.

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 11:15 PM, der.hans <PLUGd at lufthans.com> wrote:

> moin moin,
>
> I've been mostly ignoring wayland because it's way out there until it's
> ready.
>
> I found this lwn article to be informative and worth reading. Still a ways
> to go, but it looks like they've got most of the key components in place.
>
> https://lwn.net/Articles/**491509/ <https://lwn.net/Articles/491509/>
>
> 10k lines of code to replace half a million lines got my attention :).
>
> ciao,
>
> der.hans
> --
> #  http://www.LuftHans.com/        http://www.LuftHans.com/**Classes/<http://www.LuftHans.com/Classes/>
> # To us former windows users, linux IS an easter egg :) I cant remember
> # how many times i said to myself "i can do that?" -- BoBB

Dazed_75 a.k.a. Larry

Please protect my address like I protect yours. When sending messages to
multiple recipients, always use the BCC: (Blind carbon copy) and not To: or
CC:. Remove all addresses from the message body before sending a Forwarded
message. This can prevent spy programs capturing addresses from the
recipient list and message body.