applications

Michael Havens bmike1 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 28 17:59:41 MST 2012

One thing I don't like about Ubuntu is that (so far) I have noticed that
two of their default apps make things s-l--o---w. The first I noticed right
away was their download manager. That was easy to fix, just make the tried
and true synaptic the default. But I just recently decided to d/l some
music. So the default media player is Banshee which makes things s-l--o---w
down. Not as bad a the download manager did but still... Any ways... I have
no experience with media players so I need to open this to discussion.
Which do you guys and gals prefer and, if you can say, why do you prefer
it. I'm looking for something that is not ver resource intensiv seeing as
how this will be on a machine that is around ten years old.

--