merge documents with scp

Carruth, Rusty Rusty.Carruth at smartstoragesys.com
Fri Apr 27 13:51:19 MST 2012

Oh.  You want to use rsync, with ssh piping.

rsync me at foosystem:remotefile localfile

Note that this only copies this way if needed.  Do it the other way:

Rsync localfile me at foosystem:remotefile

If you want to go the other way.  If you don't know which way to go, you
MIGHT get away with doing them both.  See the rsync man page...

Rusty