change home directory name

kitepilot at kitepilot.com kitepilot at kitepilot.com
Thu Apr 5 11:53:12 MST 2012

The best way to safely accomplish this kind of tasks is by booting from a
live CD.  At any rate, you better don't be logged-in anywhere as the user
that you are changing.

With that said, all you have to do is to rename the directory and change
it's ownership.

mv /old/path /new/path
chown -R username. /new/path
By leaving the 'username.' without group, 'chown' will default to the user's
main group.

You'll be able to infer those steps after reading the LFS book.
ET