change home directory name

Michael Butash michael at butash.net
Mon Apr 2 14:23:22 MST 2012

Add some?  :)

Actually it sounds like it's "copying, then deleting" (safe) vs.
"moving", so if you're short diskspace, you'll need to just move it,
change your /etc/passwd and group file for the user/uid, and chown -r
the directory to the new username/uid.

Matrix's method presumes you have temp disk space, but looks like you're
doing it the hard way manipulating ownerships and such from root user.

-mb