change home directory name

Patricia Wilson wilson.pr.gm at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 12:57:49 MST 2012

Note that your home directory name appears in the /etc/passwd file so the
system knows where you "live" when you login. If you change the name of
that directory you need to change your entry in the passwd file to match.

On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 12:17 PM, Michael Havens <bmike1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> How would I accomplish this? Is it as easy as just moving the old name to
> the new name; or should I do a 'find -r / <old directory>|mv -
> <newdirectory'?
>
> --

Sent from my super hot-shot dual core 64 bit Gateway running Ubuntu 11 from
the chrome/teakwood/glass desktop in my Luxo Scottsdale condo.

Patricia Wilson
Apache Junction, AZ
Member NRA, ARRL
WB8DXX