Problem with CentOS 6 configuring network

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 22:17:22 MST 2011

Makes me wonder if someone somewhere set up a proxy for web access or some
wierd firewall rules and neglected to remove it.  At first I thought you had
a connection to the router only but your later tests showed you truly DO
have access to the internet.  Just maybe not certain kinds of access.

On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 9:25 PM, James Dugger <james.dugger at gmail.com>wrote:

> Bryan,
>
> From terminal I am able to ping the loopback, local machine, an iMac on my
> system, the router, 4.2.2.2, and news.google.com.
>
> Also when I put in the gateway address to the router in Firefox I can bring
> up the router admin page.
>
> So I don't think it is the braodcom card.
>
> I sent the following $ ping -c4 ip-address, and each time I get back
>
>   4 packets transmitted, 4 received, 0% packet loss, time (ranged from 29
> ms to 3034 ms)
>
> a typical line: " 64 bytes from 4.2.2.2: icmp_seq=1 ttl=58 time=30.5 ms "
>
> ???
>

> On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 8:20 PM, Bryan O'Neal <
> Bryan.ONeal at theonealandassociates.com> wrote:
>
>> Few things. 1) Disable IPv6. 2) try IP only connections. First try
>> pinging the loopback, then the address of the local box, the the
>> gateway, then another machine on the network then an external site,
>> like 4.2.2.2 Then try using a name like news.google.com. This will
>> tell you where things get mucked up.
>> Let us know the results and we can help further.
>>
>> On 9/22/11, Eric Shubert <ejs at shubes.net> wrote:
>> > Try a live Ubuntu 11.04? Might it have just bit the dust recently?
>> >
>> > --
>> > -Eric 'shubes'

>> the

>> waclawski at mesacc.edu

>> me

Dazed_75 a.k.a. Larry

The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions,
that I wish it always to be kept alive.
  - Thomas Jefferson