Problem with CentOS 6 configuring network

James Dugger james.dugger at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 18:43:56 MST 2011

Phil,

Yeah, I tried Firefox.  it can't find google or any other outside URL.
 Going back through the screen response when bringing the networking back up
it references the line   -- Active connection path:
/org/freedesktop/NetwokManager/ActiveConnection/2 state: activated --

I tried to find this directory and can't get there as root as well.  Don't
know if it exists.

I have just ran Ubuntu 11.04 on this system just yesterday without a
networking problem.  I have also run Fedora 15 on it was well -- no problems
.. with network card.  I loaded the live CD for Open SUSE 11.4 and noticed
in running the live CD it also did not give me access to the network.  I
wonder if there is a security setting or firewall setting that is effecting
connection.  All other computers have access to the router gateway and the
internet.

???

James