OT: Weirdness With WiFi Access Point

Stephen cryptworks at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 09:12:37 MST 2011

good point -xxDbm is lower is better it is essentially a
representation of signal loss.

and for the channel, the idea situation is to find a chennle that has
nothing on it or its direct neighbor, so if you have traffic on 1, 3,
8, and 10, 5 is good because it and 6/4 are empty and have no
interference.

On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 9:07 AM, KevinO <kevin at kevino.org> wrote:
> On 09/21/2011 08:59 AM, Mark Phillips wrote:
>> Stephen,
>>
>> Thanks for your comments. My Android WiFi analyzer only shows three channels
>> - the two in my house (channels 3, 11) and a linksys next door (channel 1).
>> The linksys next door has a max signal strength of around -90 dbm on a good
>> day.
> Mark,
>
> You do realize that -90dBm is a stronger signal than -100dBm, and -70dBm is 1,000
> times the power level of -100dBm.
>
> ;-)
> --
> KevinO