OT: bookmark storage?

Donn dlshumway at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 13:33:05 MST 2011

I have seen instructions for XMarks to store it's data on dropbox but
haven't done it myself. I use it on Firefox, Safari, Chrome and IE, on
Windows XP, 7, Linux, and OS X and it works very well. It occasionally gets
confused on a specific PC/Browser and I need to Download from server and
overwrite local bookmarks, but for the most part it works very well. The
Cross-Browser requirement is the catcher, since each browser stores it's
Bookmarks in a slightly different format, some translation is required.

On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 1:21 PM, Alex Dean <alex at crackpot.org> wrote:

> On Sep 15, 2011, at 3:07 PM, Stephen wrote:
>
> > Foxmarks functionality is somewhat redundant with FF 4+ and a built in
> > sync mechanism
> >
> > https://services.mozilla.com/
>
> But that's neither self-hosted or cross-browser, which is a shame.
>
> alex

Donn
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."
-- Dave Barry