OT; phone argument

betty nicepenguin at webcanine.com
Sat Oct 22 15:41:14 MST 2011

I know this is totally OT but am asking here because you are all
-younger than me and know more about this stuff, and like me, - like the
philosophy of open source.

Not that either of these choices is open source but here is the
question; I currently use a palm Pre and have used palm for many years.
If by next year someone doesn't pick up webOS I will want to choose
between an android and an iphone. I lean toward android because it is
NOT an apple product. But my son, who is your age, i imagine, has an
iphone and says he doesn't trust google with his contacts etc.
I don't trust anyone but that is beside the point, it is a fact of life
of the internet that there is no real security. Besides what is to trust
more with apple than google?
What part of the argument am i missing here?
Thanks for your input.

i use my phone in my businesses and personal life.  i use it for
tracking for taxes and calendar. i use it when i drive a lot. i am so
sad that hp gave up on web OS.
thank you

--
betty i.