Another reason for Linux.

Michael Butash michael at butash.net
Wed Oct 19 20:48:47 MST 2011

Here's one better:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/10/18/son_of_stuxnet_disclovered/

The stuxnet equivalent running amok in _our_ scada systems.

Scada systems (municipal water and sewage systems) of various
municipalities can be a bit scary, usually just a bunch of old win2k
boxes with serial gadgetry applied to talk to plc's and serial devices
off in a corner somewhere on a schedule and feed data back.  Sometimes
firewalls actually get involved, but otherwise a veritable breeding
ground for these kinds of viruses.  I suppose turnabout is fair play for
us, but thank you windows for letting them.

Question is, do any of these vendors even consider linux or are entirely
locked into ms?  I bet Iran doesn't any more.

-mb