Drive crash

Bryan O'Neal Bryan.ONeal at TheONealAndAssociates.com
Wed Oct 5 23:24:29 MST 2011

Boiling does not seem like a good idea. Freezer trick is a definite
must if you are failing due to thermal issues or need extra time for
recovery systems to work. It is generally a safe thing to try. I also
would recomend spinright from Gibson research (spelling may be off).
It is 80 and I think has a guaranty for refund if it does not fix the
issue.

On 10/5/11, Stephen <cryptworks at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have done the freezer trick with some success, there is another boil
> the drive trick and after it cools of try getting data, again, air
> tight bag time, this one i have not tried.
>
> On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 3:07 PM, Michael Havens <bmike1 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Better put it in an air-tight bag!
>>
>> On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 3:02 PM, Daniel Stasinski <daniel at genericinbox.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> As odd as it may sound, Kim Kommando once suggested sticking the drive
>>> in the freezer for a few hours; take it out; and see if it works
>>> again.  Pull as much as you can off it.
>>>
>>> Daniel

Sent from my mobile device