Firefox state

Lisa Kachold lisakachold at obnosis.com
Wed Oct 5 06:09:10 MST 2011

FireFox developers really missed the boat on this one!

On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 8:53 PM, Stephen <cryptworks at gmail.com> wrote:

> I liked some of the changes, especially the sync feature in 4 but within
> about 2 hours of install ff4 allowed something in and right past av (not
> that I'm happy with that as either)  so I went back to chrome, ff 6 seemed
> better but still haven't gotten over my experience with ff 4.
>
> Ironically it would have been solved by a noscript switch but it was new
> enough to not have one yet. Or at least not one I could find at the time.

On OS X, Linux, and Windows, Firefox 6 broke all my plugins, then locked up
regularly and crashed on Fedora 15
They released two updates to 6 immediately for various issues.

The Firefox 6 updates just ran themselves, without asking respectably.
There was no way to essentially and easily ROLL back after the update when
all plugins broke.

The plugin issue is especially serious, as I used Mono for KeePass with a
Firefox plugin to automatically add my web logins to the database.
Broken developers plugins in OS X also completely hobbled many people.

--
"Software is like sex: it's better when it's free."
- Linus Thorvalds<http://www.softwarequotes.com/showquotes.aspx?id=746&name=Thorvalds,Linus>

(503) 754-4452  Dell Streak
(602) 791-8002  Android
(623) 239-3392 Skype