chrome or opera

Joseph Sinclair plug-discussion at stcaz.net
Tue Oct 4 20:45:50 MST 2011

Betty,
  On Ubuntu 10.04 (Lucid), "sudo apt-get install flashplugin-installer" will install flash (version 10.1.183 currently).  They went to an automated installer instead of a proper package so that they aren't having to repackage Adobe's mess, the package just downloads the Adobe installer and installs it for you.
You can also install the chromium-browser package to get Chrome without the Google branding.
To get the Chromium beta channel (more up to date, but less tested) put the following 3 lines in a new file "/etc/apt/sources.list.d/chromium-beta.list"

# Bring in the chromium beta channel for Lucid (10.04).
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/chromium-daily/beta/ubuntu lucid main
deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/chromium-daily/beta/ubuntu lucid main

Hopefully that will get chromium and flash working for you.