Before I blow windows away....

Mark Phillips mark at phillipsmarketing.biz
Mon Nov 28 09:14:55 MST 2011

Stephen,

One caveat with clonezilla - it cannot handle a disk to disk clone if the
source has 512 byte sectors and the destination has 4096 byte sectors. Many
of the new, larger, drives use 4096 byte sectors, and this is a problem
than clonezilla has not yet addressed (I have been waiting 6 months). Their
work around is to copy an image to another storage location, then copy the
image back to the destination. However, you end up with a 4096 byte sector
hard drive formatted with 512 byte sectors, and the accompanying loss
in performance.

Mark