Errors in Kubuntu or Kate

Stephen cryptworks at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 08:23:04 MST 2011

Ubuntu and its derivatives have specifically limited X so that it
cannot be run as root, only as a user.

This is why it complains, other distros that allow x to run as root
are the ones who don't complain because it can spawn root X elements.

this is done as a security choice.

IT wreaks unholy hell with an installer we use at work to install our
software because it wont work unless it runs as root. so that limits
what distros we can even hope to install on. but as it does work on
the one we do support development is happy.

Stephen