webcam (mint linux)

Michael Butash michael at butash.net
Sat Nov 26 18:11:57 MST 2011

You know, I read this thread about mint as I burn 11.10 to install on
new disks, and thought to grab Mint and give it a go, especially with
fussless gnome3 supposedly.  Then I remembered, I always need an ubuntu
alt install to do raid/luks/lvm stuff, and found they don't have an
equivalent.  Unfortunately it somewhat obsoletes them, at least for me.

For those that don't mind lack of redundancy or disk encryption, game on
for Mint.  I'll just have to gut Unity on Oneric, but have all the
goodies baked into ubuntu...

-mb